Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Indian Acres Site Indian Refining Company: Natural Resource Damage Assessment Process at Indian Refining/Texaco Superfund Site [Fact Sheet #11]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Fact Sheet #11 (indi11.pdf)
Libraries holding physical copies can be found by searching Open WorldCat for OCLC Number 58749892.
The OCLC Open WorldCat number for the electronic document record is '815315016'.
Sample text from the file
.Indian Acres Site Indian Refining Company Natural Resource Damage Assessment Process at Indian Refining/Texaco Superfund Site Fact Sheet December 2004 Lawrenceville, Illinois Background: The former Indian Refining Company/Texaco Refinery property consists of approximately acres along the southeast portion of Lawrenceville. The facility operated as an active petroleum refinery from the early 1900's until the mid-1990s. During the early part of the last century, lube oil refinery was located on what is known today as Indian Acres and Indian Acres North, on the northeastern portion of the property. That area was later used for waste disposal, including lube oil filter clay sludge, acid sludge, and possibly other wastes. Waste materials from this facility are also found in numerous areas south of the & Railroad tracks, which runs eastwest across the site. The site was investigated by the Illinois EPA and was named to the National Priorities List of Superfund Sites in 2000. Acidic tar-lik
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:57:52 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- indi11.pdf - checksum='4131204386' byte count= '29374'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- agencyProgram: Office of Community Relations
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Community Relations
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 05 18 2012
- dateLastModified: 05 18 2012
- description: A National Priorities List site under Superfund, the site is almost 1000 acres of 3 former refineries, located next to the Embarrass River in Lawrenceville, Illinois. The site includes acres of various types of contamination including; floating hydrocarbon product, tank sludge, and acidic tarry waste generated from motor oil production.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: December
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Office of Community Relations
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2004