Sauk Village Water Supply Contamination Issue, Cook County, Illinois
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Sauk Village Water Supply Contamination Issue, Cook County, Illinois (2012, March) [fact sheet #1]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Sauk Village Water Supply Contamination: Fact Sheet #1 (SaukVillageWaterSupplyContaminationIssuefs1.pdf)
The OCLC Open WorldCat number for the electronic document record is '795910628'.
In June 2009, Illinois EPA mailed public notices to all Sauk Village Water Supply users regarding vinyl chloride contamination in groundwater that is affecting the community water supply. In the water drawn from Well Number 3, the concentration of vinyl chloride in 2009 [at 3.49 micrograms per liter (ug/L)] violated the federal maximum contaminant level of 2 ug/L allowed for a public water supply. Well Number 3 was taken out of service in 2009 and has not been part of the system since then because of the vinyl chloride contamination. This fact sheet also provides a Q&A format to address concerns.
Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Community Relations
Organization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Community Relations
1021 N Grand Ave E
Springfield, IL 62702
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 03 06 2012
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 03 07 2012
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 29 May 2012 14:44:47 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- SaukVillageWaterSupplyContaminationIssuefs1.pdf - checksum='3802957483' byte count= '200169'