Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Annual Compliance Report for Public Water Supplies, 2005
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Annual Compliance Report (20120223201016_acr-2005.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.State of Illinois Illinois Rod R. Blagojevich, Governor Environmental Protection Agency Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Douglas P. Scott, Director Annual Compliance Report, Calendar Year 2005 The Drinking Water Program: An Overview Introduction The United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) established the Public Water System Supervision (PWSS) Program under the authority of the 1974 Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). Under the SDWA and the subsequent amendments, USEPA sets national limits on contaminant levels in drinking water to ensure that the water is safe for human consumption. These limits are known as Maximum Contaminant Levels (MCLs) and Maximum Residual Disinfectant Levels (MRDL's) 3. For some regulations, EPA establishes treatment techniques (TT)4 in lieu of an MCL to control unacceptable levels of contaminants in water. The Agency also regulates how often public water systems (PWSs) monitor their water for contaminants and report the monitoring results to
1021 North Grand Ave. E.
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 20:21:41 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120223201016_acr-2005.pdf - checksum='3778905654' byte count= '590709'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- agencyProgram: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency. Division of Public Water Supplies
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 06 01 2006
- dateLastModified: 06 12 2006
- description: The purpose of this annual compliance report is to satisfy the requirement of Section 1414(c)(3) of the 1996 Amendments to the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). States with national primary enforcement authority are to prepare, make readily available to the public, and submit to the Administrator of the USEPA by July 1 of each year, an annual report on violations occurring during the previous calendar year of national primary drinking water regulations by public water systems.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.epa.state.il.us/water/compliance/drinking-water/compliance-report/acr-2005.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Water
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- timePeriodTextual: January 1, 2005-December 31, 2005